Thai Spring Rolls (Pho Pia Thod)
Delicious deep-fried spring rolls make a delicious snack or starter. Why not have a go at making some yourself, you’ll be surprised how easy it is!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 50g minced or crumbled tofu
- 1 carrot cut into 2.5cm batons
- 20g chives
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100g glass or rice vermicelli noodles (soaked for 2-3 minutes)
- 6/7 spring roll wrappers
- 1 beaten egg
- Add a little of the oil to a wok and fry the garlic and tofu until browned.
- Add the bean sprouts, carrot and chives, water, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add the soaked glass noodles and stir until everything is combined.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat, dry surface and place 1 tbsp of the filling on the lower half of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom edge up over it tightly and seal the roll with the beaten egg.
- Deep fry the spring rolls in the remaining oil, turning until they are evenly browned.
- Serve with a sweet chilli sauce for dipping.