Canadian cuisine has a variety of ingredients and styles - with many dishes imported from the two countries that occupied Canada over the years - France and England. Its star ingredient, maple syrup, is the flagship of the country and thanks to its vast territory, covered with green meadows and rivers, Canada enjoys very good meat and fish.
Here are a few favourites of ours that we encourage you to try on your journey -
1. Poutine - the savory dish combines fries, cheese, and gravy and whilst founded in Quebec, is available nearly everywhere in Canada
2. Bannock - basically flatbread that comes in various shapes, it's a really popular Canadian snack
3. Butter tarts made out of flaky pastry crust with a creamy center consisting of sugar, egg, butter, and syrup.
4. Tourtiere - a French-Canadian meat pie - a thick slice of meat, onions and savoury seasoning
5. Montreal Bagels - poached in sweetened water for an insanely good flavour