A twist on the chilled tomato-based soup from Andalucia, this version uses chickpeas to make it more filling.
- 3 large plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 200g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red or yellow pepper, chopped
- Fresh parsley
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 500ml tomato juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Tabasco sauce to season
- In a large glass bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add a dash of tabasco sauce (or other hot pepper sauce).
This recipe creates five portions, so you can refrigerate it and enjoy throughout the week.