America's National Parks & Canyons or America's Golden West
22/02/2012, 05:54 PM
America's National Parks & Canyons or America's Golden West
Hi, first time to this website, so far so good! I'm really interested in America's National Parks & Canyons or the America's Golden West. I'm 28 and cant find any one to travel with me this far so am considering taking the plunge and travelling with just you. Would be very nervous about this, little shy with new people, anybody got any advice, or whos going on these trips?would i still be able to join as Im not quite 30?! would love to hear! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22/02/2012, 10:59 PM
RE: America's National Parks & Canyons or America's Golden West
Hi Jo

Im doing my first JY trip this year on the americas golden west on the 3rd september and ive just turned 30, so ive taken the plunge . I am nervous but excited about the trip but i have met loads of people on here in the same boat and everyone is very friendly.

Take the plunge :-)

Tara
23/02/2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Jo,

I'm 43 and doing the National Parks and Canyons trip in May, it will be my first trip with JY. As far as i can see everybody is in the same boat and judging by the testimonials everybody has a great time. I'm not aware of any age limits.

Be brave!

Mark
23/02/2012, 06:21 PM
Hi Jo,

I have done the National Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn trip and America's Golden West. You would enjoy which ever one you choose.
In my opinion the National Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn was the better trip. The scenery was absolutely fantastic and the opportunies to see wild life made it more exciting.
I really enjoyed the Golden West trip; I loved San Francisco and Universal Studios and the drive along the Pacific coast was great.
You get to see the Grand canyon (awesome!) and Las Vegas (Fantastic!) on both trips. You spend more time in Las Vegas with the Golden West trip.
I did the Golden West trip first and then the Parks trip.
You would probably be amongst the youngest, if not the youngest, on the trip but in all the holidays I have done with JY (six in all) age hasn't played a big part. Everyone mixes together whatever their age.
Regds
Jim
23/02/2012, 06:55 PM
I've done both these trips and they are both great but I would say Golden West just as the edge.

For the record when I did the Golden west (june 2010) we had two ladies aged 27 on the trip.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27/02/2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys, seriously considering americas golden west on the 3rd september, just have to wait till payday and i think I may just go for it! Will be very nervous but once I meet every one and im on the plane i'm sure I'll be fine. Never step foot outside of europe before! I'll post on here again when I'm all booked.

Jo
28/02/2012, 08:22 PM
Have only done Golden west, last July, but I loved it. The people on the trip were amazingly friendly too. Take the plunge, the nerves soon go when you meet everyone. I hope you enjoy whichever one you choose.
Lizziep
29/02/2012, 03:42 PM
Ive done the Golden west tour in 2010 and im going again on May 28th this year, im 34 and have done quite a few holidays with just you now and never had an issue with age etc. I would say if you want to go somwehere just book it no point thinking about it, you will have a great time once you are there Big Grin
04/03/2012, 01:50 PM
(22/02/2012 05:54 PM)jo1984 Wrote:  Hi, first time to this website, so far so good! I'm really interested in America's National Parks & Canyons or the America's Golden West. I'm 28 and cant find any one to travel with me this far so am considering taking the plunge and travelling with just you. Would be very nervous about this, little shy with new people, anybody got any advice, or whos going on these trips?would i still be able to join as Im not quite 30?! would love to hear! Smile

Hi Jo

I went on my first JY trip last year to America Golden West. It was one of the best things I have done. I was very nervous, but once I met everyone at the airport it was fine. The age group was varied from 20s to 70s. It was tiring as there is so much to do and see. My favourite was San Francisco and the Gran Canyon trip was awesome.

I say go for it. You will not regret it.

Pam